We are excited to announce that the application process for PFLAG National scholarships is now OPEN!
For the 17th year, PFLAG National will award thousands of dollars in scholarship funds to young activists and advocates who have worked tirelessly on numerous programs, projects, and activities aimed at making schools and communities safe and welcoming for all. We’re so proud to support the next generation of leaders!
PFLAG’s scholarships are open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens (Non-US citizens are eligible as long as they attend an accredited institution in the United States), and the eligibility requirements are as follow:
- You are a graduating senior entering higher education for the first time this calendar year (if you graduated last year and took time off you are still eligible to apply)
- Self identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer...or anywhere within the LGBTQ “family,” or as an ally
- Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBTQ community
- Have applied to an accredited U.S. higher education institution. Cannot be receiving full tuition remission from other sources to fund the education (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.)
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Full applications due March 26, 2018